8 Way To Get Ahead In Content Marketing
- Have a plan: define your content marketing goals around your business objectives. Build an integrated plan to deliver the content and media you will use.
- Build a business case: ensure that you have communicated the value of content marketing throughout the organisation. You will need stakeholders’ buy-in to support content creation, so it’s vital that you have sold the concept internally!
- Know thy audience: go and talk to real customers and find out what their purchasing
- needs and priorities are. Engage with your customer services and sales teams – they meet more real customers than anyone else.
- Attract your audience: build your online presence and attract your audience to it again and again. Do this through publishing regular, high quality content that responds to your audience’s needs and delivers value to them.
- Go on safari: don’t wait for your audience to find your content – find out where they spend time online and place relevant and compelling content in those locations.
- Partner with other publishers: broaden your reach and get your content published on other people’s platforms. Develop a content marketing calendar and deliver regular, unique and valuable content for publishers to use.
- Optimise for search: ensure that all content is optimised for search. Do your keyword research to increase your natural search traffic and be creative with your linking campaigns. Search engines reward businesses that publish high quality, consistent content.
- Measure and evaluate: from social tracking to link sharing, use all available metrics and tools eg. Google Analytics and measure everything you do.